Strength For Arthritis Program
This program is a comprehensive and balanced course designed to help you build supple strength to live well with arthritis.
Supple Strength is a physical, mental and emotional strength that develops by integrating exercise with mindfulness and self-compassion training together in one comprehensive and research-backed program.
Supple strength develops via the activation of the body-mind-heart connection… your body is stronger with greater mobility and flexibility. You can experience less pain, inflammation and stiffness.
It also has the amazing benefits of being more mentally strong with enhanced mental clarity, memory, calm and capacity to cope with the pain of arthritis.
As well as being more emotionally strong. More resilient and supportive and understanding with yourself and others.
Your Strength For Arthritis program runs for 14 weeks and includes exercise, mindfulness and self-compassion practices together in the same program, and under the same guidance with me, your coach, Penelope.
I’ll work with you to create physical, mental & emotional strength.
I would love to welcome you to join the Strength For Arthritis program!
Its all about combining exercise, mindfulness and self-compassion practices together in the same innovative program.
How do I know the Strength For Arthritis program is for me?
It’s right for you if you:
- struggle to live your life as well as you can with arthritis
- want to learn to cope well with the discomfort and difficulties of arthritis
- know that mindfulness is so beneficial, but have found it difficult to do.
- wish you were not so hard on yourself
- want to balance the needs of others with your own needs
- think you are too unfit, too old, too weak or lack the motivation to change your health
- feel too tired and lacking in energy to get moving?
The Strength For Arthritis program is designed to guide and support you so that you can make the changes needed to live your life to the fullest.
So, What’s in the course?
14 Week Coaching Program
- Informative Course Videos
- Private Coaching Consults
- Arthritis- What You Need To Know E-Book
- Unique exercise videos presented by your coach, Penelope
- Arthritis Survey
- Group Q&A Calls
- Mindfulness and Self-Compassion Audios
- BMH Formula Audios
- Worksheets, Reflections and Summaries
- Access to a Private Facebook Group
During the exercise sessions you will:
- complete specific strength training activities for arthritis as well as fullbody strength exercises using resisance bands or your own body weight,
- learn muscle activation techniques designed to enhance the muscle-mind connection,
- learn different mobility/stretching movements, as well as balance exercises,
- learn up-to-date exercise approaches, and how to incorporate suitable ones into your life.
In Mindful awareness training you will learn:
- formal and informal mindfulness practices and how living a mindful life is important for happiness and well-being,
- how to apply mindfulness to boost exercise effectiveness, motivation and enjoyment,
- common obstacles to living more mindfully in your life, and how to overcome them,
- how mindfulness can change the way you approach and deal with stress,
- effective ways of managing physical discomfort and pain,
- pathways to discovering the inner sense of calm, wisdom and joy we all have within us.
In Self-Compassion training you will explore:
- how to be kind and friendly towards yourself in any situation, especially when you’re just not coping, you’ve made a mistake or feel you’ve fallen short,
- how to apply self-compassion to build your motivation to exercise and practice mindfulness,
- various loving kindness practices for yourself and others, that you can incorporate into your life,
- your core values as they relate to developing self-compassion,
- different ways of relating to troubling thoughts, pain and unpleasant emotions,
- how to combat any doubts that may arise around learning self-compassion, like it being selfish, becoming demotivated or self-pitying.
You’ll build your physical, mental and emotional strength so you can live well with your arthritis.
Only when you focus on the overall health of your body, mind, and heart as one- the interconnectedness of these three things, will you be able to see and feel the positive changes you want, without the angst and struggles you usually experience.
You’ll get more benefits from exercising; more enjoyment, satisfaction and motivation to keep with it.
Yes, establishing and maintaining healthy habits in your life can now be possible.
Your exercise will be so much more effective. It will be more efficient, targeted and balanced. And of course, there’s less risk of getting injured.
Energy levels can get a real boost.
You can improve your mental focus, clarity and sense of calm.
Experience happiness and good connections with others.
This program can change how you treat yourself so you can be a better friend to yourself.
It can transform your body, mind and heart for lifelong physical, mental and emotional health.
Core Elements Of The Strength For Arthritis Program
A major part of your Strength For Arthritis program is coaching.
You’ll can have 1:1 coaching calls (1 hour each) with Penelope.
And 4x Fortnightly Group Q&A Calls (2 hours each), where you can have your questions about your Strength For Arthritis program answered by Penelope.
To help you bring more exercise and movement into your life, I’ve prepared several specific arthritis exercise videos and 12x full body exercise videos for you.
So, with each module, you’ll have a different exercise routine to follow. The routines cater for a range of experiences with arthritis, fitness levels and abilities.
The foundation of the Strength For Arthritis program are the BMH Formulas.
You’ll have an opportunity to experience 24 different ones. These audio recordings incorporate the elements you need to integrate mindfulness, movement or exercise and self-compassion into your life.
I’ve designed the BMH formulas from my 33+ years experience as a Psychologist, Mindfulness Teacher, Fitness Trainer, and also as a Nurse and woman of many, many years of invaluable life experience. They are unique, and you won’t find the BMH formulas anywhere else, as they are exclusive to Strength For Arthritis program.
Mindfulness for Motivation and Well-Being
As part of your Strength For Arthritis experience, you’ll be able to listen to and download 15 mindfulness practices I’ve recorded especially for this program.
They will help you build your motivation for healthy habits, including exercise, as well as promote well-being for yourself.
Acesss to Private Facebook Group
As a valued member of the Strength For Arthritis program, you’ll have access to the Supple Strength For Arthritis Facebook Group.
Here, you’ll have the chance to connect with other link-minded women to share experiences and support each other. Also, to be kept up to date with the latest exercises, important information and reflections about living well with arthritis.
What Women Say About Penelope
Penelope has a warm and engaging style which helped me feel at ease in trying out some new activities. I enjoyed the way she integrated mindfulness practice, physical exercise and self compassion in the lovely space she has created. It was fun to be with a group of similar aged people learning some new activities. I felt the benefit of the class without having a sense of working hard so am interested to return.
Penelope offers a deeper understanding of what mindfulness is all about, its application to every day real life situations, and how it can benefit our physical and mental health in so may ways. The exercise component was much enjoyed, with a mix of well considered cardio and weights. I’m pretty sure we got all parts moving there, and the variety from week to week (along with the cool tunes) was appreciated. Thank you Penelope… I will definitely be back for more !👏😊
Fit Tone Flex was the perfect four week program to reboot my health routine and mindset. Penelope is an amazing, professional facilitator with a vast range of experience and qualifications. I was made to feel comfortable and encouraged to extend my physical health and mental well being. This is truly a unique program that incorporates meditation, self kindness and exercise …. I thoroughly recommend Penelope and Fit Healthy Grounded Women.
Thank you Penelope !